The Best Tours of All Time: Alive 2006/2007 (Daft Punk)
"Dance music is not cool. It has the worst fonts, the worst artwork – let’s not forget what a rave flier looks like. And then here come Daft Punk with these crazy videos, beautiful album art. They have a flash and an elegance that other dance acts envied."
- A-Trak, Rolling Stone 2013 (x)
Electronic duo Daft Punk were no strangers to bringing a sense of theatricality to the music world but they upped the ante when they designed their Alive 2006/2007 World Tour. Their first tour since 1997, Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo incorporated video and light effects along with their now-iconic pyramid to highlight a setlist that covered their entire discography.
They debuted the pyramid at Coachella on April 29th, 2006. Their tour took them to 20 countries over the course of two years, concluding in Sydney, Australia on December 22nd, 2007. They released a live album, Alive 2007, in November of the same year. The album is a recording of their June 14th performance in their hometown, Paris, France.
The tour has served as a muse to many artists including Skrillex and Jay Z and has changed the landscape of electronic music performances ever since, many would say for the best.
Have i ever told you guys how much i absolutely adore corsets
DOnt shop at urban outfitters
they literally sold a blood-stained-looking sweatshirt with the name of a college that there was a school shooting at
they sold prescription-drug related accessories trying to make it cute
they sold a board game entitled “gettopoly” i should not have to explain why this is bad
they sold a super cissexist card with the T slur on it
they literally sold this shirt
PLEASE STOP SHOPPING AT URBAN OUTFITTERS
Who’s a good boy? You’re a good boy!
Who devours the flesh of mortals? You devour the flesh of mortals!
Poseable “Cerberus in a Can” now available in our Etsy shop.
good product, good design and packaging, great photos, A+++
15 styles of distorted thinking
if you are not on guard for these they will own you.
yes, i mean you. i mean me. i mean everyone.
Jake’s mom is a total badass
- Don’t be angry at yourself when anxiety/depression flares up. It isn’t your fault and no one blames you and if they do they’re pieces of shit.
- Don’t orbit around your perceived value so much. You’re not the sum total of what you produce.
- Don’t let yourself wonder why people love you. That’s not how it works. There are not stark, individual reasons that a person can enumerate about why they love you. It’s the entire, unique combination of what and who you are.
Source: An inside look at ADHD.
Me 100% of the time. Luckily Ito help for my ADD when I was a child
- ADD and ADHD are the same disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder was officially renamed Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in 1994. Many people use ADD to refer to Type One presented here, and ADHD to refer to Type Two, but they are the same core disorder.
- In many cases where ADHD carries into adulthood, it’s a genetic issue [My grandfather, mother, siblings, and I have all been diagnosed with ADHD], though this does not always occur.
hello yes this is me
more fun facts!
- there are a lot of talks about how ADHD is overdiagnosed, and that may be true for boys, but for girls ADHD is severely underdiagnosed.
- older studies mostly looked at hyperactive boys and that’s the perception we have of ADHD. because of this many girls will go undiagnosed until adulthood.
- most girls/women who have ADHD are inattentive type. they tend to be introverted, disorganized and daydreamers.
- girls will internalize these as personal failings and teenage girls have a much higher rate of suicide and self harm because of it
- ADHD is often comorbid with anxiety and depression, both of which are caused by the failings from having ADHD
- depression can present itself differently in people with ADHD. it’s more of a discouragement from constantly failing, but it can be just as debilitating.
- read this article from the atlantic: It’s Different for Girls with ADHD